Monday, March 2, 2009

A Free Day!

Today we had a "free day" - no therapy appointments, no swimming lessons, no doctors appointments - NOTHING. No plans. What a luxury! So I asked the girls how they would like to spend this day of luxury...."at McDonalds" came the answer.

So off we went to Maccas for lunch - which unlike most lunches made at home was wolfed down. We then browsed at the shops (toy shops mainly) and then the girls decided they were hungry again. "I want a Krispy Kreme donut" says A2 ....well, who I am to argue with that? So off for donuts we went.

It was so lovely to have a relaxing day where we could move at our own pace. We didn't have to rush to get anywhere. We weren't running late for anything. I was much less stressed than usual. Is this what life is like for "normal" people??? Do people without multiple therapy appointments a week actually have free time like this??? On a regular basis??? I had better not think about that too much or I might get jealous.

All in all it was a great day (the "best day ever" according to E who is obviously easily pleased) - a little old lady even asked if I needed a hand - very sweet - I didn't have the heart to tell her that pushing the double pram with the twins in it and E on her skateboard on the back might actually kill her. It was a nice gesture though...and as for the other little old lady who gave me the evil eye for parking in the disabled parking space - get over it luv - we've got a permit!

1 comment:

n0thingbuteverything said...

Oh Alison, I SOOOO love those days too! Wish there were more of them ;-).

I am glad you had such a good day. I did get the giggles though at your description of the dangers facing the elderly lady wanting to help you ;-). And yes, boooohissss to anyone who gives you the evil eye for using a Disabled Parking Space. As much as I am against labelling, sometimes I wonder if some sort of bumper sticker wouldn't be in order...