Friday, May 8, 2009

I've found "The One"

Yes, after much searching I have found THE ONE. I went into today's appointment at the Spastic Centre hoping finally to find THE ONE, and today I found it. The right ONE for Little A. The right Walker that is. We have decided to go with the KidWalk from Durable Medical Equipment.

It is definitely the best walker for A (of the ones we have tried).

She was happy in it!
She will be able to stand at a table and participate in activities while in it!
It doesn't rub on her button!
She can take steps in it!

Here she is:






































And the best part is that because we have been given the money for it from our church we can order it straight away and will hopefully have it in a couple of weeks - YIPPEE!

I also found another great thing yesterday at hydro. For awhile I have been thinking I would like to get together with some other Christian mums who have children with disabilities. I was starting to think I would have to start my own support group...until I met a new mum at swimming yesterday who is part of a small support group that meets in the next suburb to me! It will be great to meet up with other mums who 'get it'. Don't get me wrong - I have a lot of supportive friends who have children with disabilities, but they mostly live inside my computer and I don't get to meet up in person very often! It will be nice to get together In Real Life with other mums.

AND our other good news for the week is that one of our services that was meant to decrease to fortnightly therapy (now that Little A is 3) have decided to allow us to continue having weekly therapy for the rest of the year. VERY happy about that as A is making so much progress at the moment.

All 3 of these things are an answer to prayer and we are very thankful.

6 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

That walker looks fantastic! it looks so cool too! I am so excited for little A and you! and wow to getting it quickly!
Yes IRL friends who get it is essential too :) sounds like things are happening in your world :)

Sarah said...

I am so pleased to see Little A happy to be in the walker! Fantastic! Even better that your church were so generous and you will get it sooner for Little A!

I am relieved to hear they have extended her weekly sevices too!

n0thingbuteverything said...

Wow! The walker looks fantastic! And how great you can get it soon.

Great news too about finding a support group AND the therapy being extended.

It's so wonderful when all the stars align in the right way.

xo

Lacey said...

I'm so glad things are going good for you right now, that walker is awsome.

Belinda said...

That's all fantastic Alison. You must be rapt! xx.

Simone said...

Just catching up on your blog, love the Mother's Day Prezzies and the sunnies she is wearing, very cool. You really made a good point about meeting other mums, that is what we are trying to do here, I too have alot of support and it is mainly from within the computer! Meeting people and havin a cuppa and chat is alot better than typing!