Monday, August 10, 2009

Decluttering...and other things

You may remember I started some decluttering awhile ago when Audrey got her new bed. My plan is to move all the girls into separate bedrooms, mainly because Ashlea has a habit of waking up screaming at night - and waking everyone else up. Either that or she gets woken up and then wants to get up and play - and by play I mean watch In The Night Garden - for 2 hours. This does NOT bring out the best in me as a parent, hence the room changes.

So, we have moved M's orc-slaying-station (computer, for those of you who aren't gaming widows) into the study. Looks pretty good hey? That's because you can't see the pile of crap to the right of the desk that nearly reaches the ceiling.



















The next part of the plan involves me building Ashlea's bed - that hasn't happened yet. But I did have a thought that maybe I could rig her up with a portable dvd player so she could watch ITNG in her room if she wakes up at night. I thought if I plugged the dvd player into the Power Box V then Ashlea could use a switch to turn it on herself. The only problem with my great plan is (well actually there are a few problems...)

- would she be able to find the switch in the dark?
- would she then turn it on every night?
- would incessant viewing of INTG cause irreversible loss of brain cells?
- but most importantly how do I get the dvd to play automatically???

Even if she can turn the dvd player on by herself, how can I get the actual dvd to play. As you can see this 'grand plan' is still a work in progress, but if anyone has any thoughts on this please leave a comment.

As to the 'other things' mentioned in the title, the only other thing going on is my amazement at my children's appreciation of all things bottom-related. I hadn't realised that saying 'poo poo' was so funny that you had to laugh until you nearly wet your pants! Even Ashlea gets in on this. She was in the high chair tonight chattering away to herself saying what I thought was "puppy puppy". What I realised she was saying (rather proudly I might add) was pop pop (the children's word for fart). She knew she had done a pop pop and she was crowing about it just like the other children.

And don't even get me started about Audrey pretending to be a dolphin in the bath... "Mum I'm a dolphin...and (sticks bottom up in the air) this is my blow hole"

Aren't little girls meant to be sugar and spice and all things nice???

7 comments:

Lacey said...

that is hilarious, the blow hole indeed! My boys room is making me crazy, I just can't seem to keep it clean. I'm thinking about going down there and throwing everything on the floor away. Then maybe they'll learn to respect their stuff.

ferfischer said...

hahahahaha! This made me laugh so hard!

We too are working on getting everyone into separate bedrooms because Cici wakes at night and I have to sleep with her after that! Now, it's in the living room! Not fun!

Let us know how it all goes!
Jenny

3TinLids said...

Blow hole - cracked me up!! I also thought that little girls were supposed to be "sugar and spice and all things nice". Then I had a girl after 3 boys and I think at times she is grottier than the boys!!

Rebecca

Sarah said...

blow hole...lol!

Belinda said...

Short comment - can't stop laughing....

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

I too foolishly thought that as mother of 3 little GIRLS I would be able to avoid toilet humour and obsession with all things burp/fart related...

They're just as bad, if not worse, than the boys!!

n0thingbuteverything said...

Blow hole - hilarious!!! ;-).

Wish I had some expertise to offer on the DVD player front. If we lived closer I would send my gadget loving DH around - that sort of project would have him wetting his pants with excitement!