Sunday, August 23, 2009

Preschool Service

Today was Emma and Audrey's preschool church service. It is always a great day - the church goes out of their way to welcome the children, and the parents get to see their little angels up on the stage singing some songs.

I think for almost the first time in 2 1/2 years of preschool Emma actually did what she was supposed to do while on the stage. Past services have seen her tap-dancing, picking her nose, distracting other children...you get the picture. This year she sang the songs and did the actions. I didn't have a good view of her as her class was behind the younger class - should I be concerned yet that the 3 year olds are bigger than my 5 1/2 year old???

Audrey on the other hand was front and centre - everyone had a great view of her! She did really well and sang the songs and attempted to do the actions - it was very cute. I do admit to feeling a little teary seeing my little ex-820gm baby up there on stage doing so well.

Ashlea didn't love the noise and I ended up having to take her outside. I have no idea how they are going to try and get her to stay up on the stage next year! We came back in for the final song which was Amazing Grace - and I had another teary moment as Ashlea tried to sing along (without knowing the words or the tune). It is a great hymn with great words - I especially love the verse that says:

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
Tis grace has brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home

A very appropriate song for her.

And now for the photos...

Ashlea...



















Audrey having her face painted...












Emma being cheeky...



















Emma and Audrey with their painted faces (yes that is a piece of cheese painted on Emma's forehead)...

5 comments:

Belinda said...

It certainly is a beautiful song.

Beautiful photos! xx.

Anna said...

Beautiful pics of the girls. I love the lines of that song too.

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a great day out. Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi - it was great to see you and the girls the other day. Your blog has become my regular lunch time reading - I'm loving being able to keep up with how you're all doing. Finally got to see the video of Ashlea using her walker, singing, etc. It was fantastic. I'm so proud of her. Talk to you soon, Parnee

karina said...

Sweet! Sounds like a mom's dream day! I always love watching my kids sing in church!