Monday, August 17, 2009

Stuff

I haven't had anything of interest to blog about over the last few days - just lots of 'stuff' going on. Stuff like this...

I Should Have Left Well-Enough Alone Stuff...
I have no wireless internet access at the moment. I decided to upgrade my wireless router (all part of the decluttering plan) as the only possible place for my computer (according to the great plan) is a far flung corner of the house - with no wireless access. So anyway, we paid a fortune for this fancy-smancy thing that has turned out to be nearly impossible to setup. I work in tech support and I couldn't do it. The tech support lady couldn't do it. It is a work in progress...But it means you might not hear from me much until it is fixed!

Frustrating Stuff
The gas company are the evil spawn of satan. They took our connection money 6 months ago but still haven't connected the gas...

Ouchy Stuff
Ashlea BIT me today. Yes, the child who doesn't eat or chew any form of solid food, was so excited while riding on the bike today that she leant over and took a bite of my arm. She will have no excuse when it comes to her eating as I now know she can bite - HARD.

Shocking Stuff
Today a good friend of mine (and blog reader so I hope she doesn't mind me writing this - but I can't stop thinking about it) was diagnosed with breast cancer. Absolutely shocking. She is younger than me, and healthier than me. She eats weet-bix for breakfast and never drinks coke. I have been known to have coke for breakfast - and yet she still got breast cancer. It makes you realise how little control we have over our lives. It is amazing that even after all the lessons I have learned through Ashlea (ie YES it can actually happen to you) I am still so shocked to hear when things like this happen to people I know. This is my first close up experience of cancer. Hopefully it will just be a matter of surgery to remove it and that's it. Hopefully I will be able to be a supportive friend through it all. Hopefully I will get the chance to share with her about God's love and His great plan for the day when all of this suffering will be wiped away.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis, I am sure you will be a great support for her xx

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Alison I was so happy to read about the "bite"!!!! great news, Sorry to hear about your friends not so great news, wish her strength from down here in Melbourne. xo

Anna said...

Sorry to hear about your friends diagnosis. I know only too well how hard it is to be confronted with cancer. Wish your friend all the best.
Very cute about the biting-although it probably didn't feel cute!

Belinda said...

Alison, my close friend diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago at 26, has finished her treatment and doing well. Sending positive vibes to your friend.

Things are very unfair! One of our other friends from the same group diagnosed 2 weeks ago with Leukemia. Can't work it out?

They are both young, health conscious, etc:????

Nerida said...

Thanks Alison. After talking to you I always feel better. You are such a positive person to be around.
I really don't think weet-bix could stop cancer though!

Naomi said...

Praying for you friend and loving the pictures of your BEAUTIFUL girls in your header too!