The one we are looking at is the Quickie GTX. The good things about it are:
- it folds (easy to get in the car) & isn't too heavy
- it has swing away foot plates (for standing transfers - although she is so little her feet are at least half a metre off the ground...not sure how that will work just yet)
- it will have a moulded seat and back supports, as well as lateral supports and a seat belt
- she can push it herself (sort of)
- I think we can get mag wheels (less chance of little fingers getting caught)
- you can get an adjustable stroller handle for it (easier pushing for everyone)
Here is a pic of the basic model. Of course we will be getting a cool red one.
We have looked at so many chairs that my mind is now muddled about which chair had what features. So I think we are just going to go with this one - it has most of the features we want. We need to get our application into the PADP soon in the hope we might have it in time for the start of preschool next year (STOP laughing all you people who know how
Feel free to leave feedback if there are any experienced wheelchair users out there - especially if you have a quickie. Can you believe their slogan is "there's nothing like a quickie"???