Saturday, September 19, 2009

100 Posts!

This marks my 100th post since starting this blog. And what grand topic have I chosen for today's auspicious occasion? Some profound insight about parenting? A witty anecdote about my children? Nope, none of the above. I am going to share with you my excitement about a bath seat.

You see, I have had many bad experiences with bath seats for Ashlea, and we seem to have finally hit on a good solution so I thought I'd share it with all of you. We have tried a number of commercially available bath seats as well as a couple of specially modified seats and none have worked particularly well, until this one...it's called the Love n Care Deluxe Baby Bath Seat.


The great things about it are:
* it has multiple little 'sucker thingies' on the bottom so that it actually sticks to the bottom of the bath - have you got a mental picture of me balancing a naked squirming Ashlea whilst trying to chase the seat around the bath? Yes? That is not fun for anyone, so one that actually sticks to the bottom of the bath is a good start.
* it opens at the front for easy access
* the bottom screws off so that you can add secure modifications like this:


Our lovely OT has added some padding and tied it down between the 2 layers of the seat which is great because (again) while the other bath seats were floating in one direction, their inserts were usually floating in another. With this arrangement the insert is unable to float away - I tell you it really is the little things that make my day. The padding and seat belt have solved the problem of Ashlea sliding forward in the seat or arching herself over the back of the seat

Here is a picture of the bottom so you can see what I mean by the 'little suckers' and how it screws off.


It didn't occur to me at all that it could be modified to include a little support - but my crafty OT took one look at it and had a vision. I thought I'd share that vision with all of you so that you can modify it for yourselves at home if you like. The only thing I am not sure about is what size child it would hold up to - Miss Ashlea is a small 3 1/2 year old (around 14kg but quite short). Emma ( 5 1/2) still easily fits in it though.

And for those of you with no interest whatsoever in bath seats, here is a cute twins picture for making it this far...

6 comments:

therextras said...

What an outstanding post! I may just have to link to it! Hugs to your stellar OT!

Barbara

Belinda said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Wonderful post!

Sarah said...

Keep up the great posts Alison! I enjoy reading your blog. xx

Anna said...

Happy 100th post!! Great post as always and a very beautiful photo of the girls.

n0thingbuteverything said...

Congrats on the 100 posts! Looking forward to reading 100 more and then more again ;-) And yay to the bath seat! Definitely looks like a winner ;-).

Lacey said...

Look at those cute sisters. Thats a great bath seat. If only Jax could sit up :)