Thursday, September 24, 2009

Belly.....water

This will just be a quick little brag post.

This afternoon I was feeding Ashlea, and unbeknownst to me the tube had come out of her PEG and was leaking all over her. My clever little chicky decided that she needed to tell me there was a problem and used these words to tell me:

"Belly......water".

How clever is that!!!

A lot of Ashlea's speech is based on imitation, even the sentences she uses are based on things she has been taught (eg What do you see? I see Mummy). In this situation she knew she need to tell me she was getting wet, and she thought about it and used words that were familiar to her to tell me her tummy was getting wet.

I am so impressed!

6 comments:

Aunty C :) said...

what a clever chickie :)

Anna said...

WOW! That is awesome!! I wish Ryley would tell us instead of just giggling once we discover it!!!

Belinda said...

Brag away! Well done Ashlea!

Sarah said...

Fantastic!!

ferfischer said...

This is so great! What a smartie!

n0thingbuteverything said...

That's so wonderful ;-).