Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Concert Review

The Ben Folds concert last night was AWESOME. He is so freakishly talented, it was amazing.

I even have a blurry pic for you...



One kind of surreal moment during the concert was where (for I don't know what reason) he had 3 guys on stage playing hacky-sack during a song. We were watching and all at once my sister and I turned to each other and said "Isn't that Morgan?" (one of the student ministers at our church).

Oh my goodness, how did he score that gig???

After the show we were outside texting him just in case he was inside hanging with Ben, and could therefore arrange for us to be inside hanging with Ben too, but alas he didn't return our messages (like you'd really be checking your phone the whole time you got to hang out with someone cool like that).

It was a great concert, and also a great reminder that making the effort to go out and do something can be fun. Sometimes I fall into the trap of thinking it's all too hard, but really, it is usually worth the effort.

So now I am looking for something else fun to attend. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad to hear your night out was a huge success! Of course can't really go wrong when you see such a fantastic performer!

What a shame you didn't get to meet him back stage...oh well...at least you know for next time!

Belinda said...

Glad you had such a great time... and amazing you saw someone you know up on stage!

n0thingbuteverything said...

Wow. Sounds like a great gig. Love Ben Folds. He's good fun. Hope your throat held out OK for you!

It's not really in the same vein, but if I were in Sydney, I'd love to go see 'Streetcar named Desire' with Cate Blanchett and Joel Edgerton. Would love to read a review ;-).

Anonymous said...

Morgs had a great time hanging out with Ben. He didn't get the message till later because he was under ground :) He scored the gig through a friend of a friend..... At least you got to see the concert.... I was home with Mia ;) Really glad you had a top night

Alison said...

Liv - I think it is worse knowing that he WAS hanging with Ben....SO jealous! I'll be needing more details when I see you guys on Sunday.