Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Special Exposure Wednesday - 5 Minutes for Special Needs

I got the idea for this post off Bron (as usual), who got the idea off 5 Minutes for Special Needs.

I don't quite fully get the gist of it, but it is a photo-based post, that also relates to special needs (no different to most of my other posts really!). Anyway, I thought I would add a photo today. Click here to see the rest of the posts.

I took these photos of the girls on the weekend. It is so rare for my 3 girls to play together that when it happens I run and grab the camera. Emma and Audrey always play together, and sometimes Ashlea plays near them, but rarely do they all do the same activity at the same time.

Even though this first pic is of Ashlea's behind, it looks like she and Audrey are colouring together. It wasn't quite like that in real life - Ashlea had just crawled over to see what was going on.

















After she had inspected the goings on, she did pick up a pencil and do some scribbling in the book with Audrey. Look at that - my 3 girls colouring in together - such a normal, regular, everyday activity - but because in our house it is an amazing, irregular, one-off occurence I had to get a photo.

7 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Alison, I love this normality!!! great colouring girls! I think for this 5 minute thing we need to register each week to share our pics on the main site as such but I just like to add a pic anyway! Bron

n0thingbuteverything said...

Oh what gorgeous pics!!!! LOVELY to see them play together. I reckon you're going to see more and more of it!!! xo

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

Looks like a great moment captured! Now that they know they are capable of playing together - maybe it will happen more often. : )

shopannies said...

looks like fun and love all the pink

Colleen said...

very cute...it is so nice when they all get along and play together!

Ashley's Mom said...

Such lovely girls!

SoCo mom said...

I am so glad you caught those moments with your camera. I know what you mean about how important it can be to see the simple things start to happen.

I love the colouring while almost on her back!