Saturday, January 9, 2010

Birthday Greetings...

Another year older...another year...wiser older.

Yes, today is my birthday.  Thirty nine.  How did that happen???  How did I get to be a grown up?  And not just a little bit of a grown up -  next year is the big  4 0 .  I wonder if I'll start to feel like a 'real' grown up then?

We had a quiet family get together at home to celebrate - complete with home made birthday cake from my Mum (maybe this is why I don't yet feel grown up). Next year I might have a big soiree ...we'll see.  I got an iphone for my birthday so I'm pretty happy.  I've actually had it since Christmas and I LOVE it.  I'm totally addicted already. 

The girls are excited because Grandpa is visiting us for the weekend (from Queensland).  They are very happy to have a visitor who is happy to play endless games of hide and seek with them (they have worn that one out with all the regulars).  Emma wasn't so happy when told she would have to give up her bed for Grandpa to sleep in, but that problem was easily solved with a camp-out in the lounge room for the night.

Now that the sun has come out we have finally been able to go outside and play...



She looks all sweet and innocent doens't she?  But she knows what a water pistol is for...



I had to take a photo of her head only as she had taken most of her swimmers off by this stage...




Ashlea with her Grandpa...

8 comments:

Ally said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

I love seeing photo's of the girls. I love the last photo, Ashlea looks SO happy <3

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Alison!

Lacey said...

Happy Happy Birthday my friend!!

n0thingbuteverything said...

Happy Birthday to you from one (almost 40) Capricorn to another!!!! xoxoxox

Sarah said...

Hi Alison, I have nominated your blog for the Lemonade award. Go to Violet's blog for more detail.

Anna said...

Happy birthday!! Love seeing the pictures of your beautiful girls xx

ferfischer said...

I hope you had a great birthday! You got the lemonade award from me (on my blog!)

Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like Grandpa had a good time!