Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday - My Big Girls


Look at my big girls!!  2 preschoolers and a big schooler!

 

We have entered a new phase in our lives.  The twins are now both at preschool, and today was Emma's first day at big school!  She was up and dressed by 7:15am and ready and waiting to go, partly excited, partly nervous.  When we got there she was looking more and more nervous and didn't want to talk to anyone, but when we got into the classroom she just said good bye to us and got straight into the first activity.  I think she takes after me - she gets anxious about things but hates people to make a big deal about it.



 So cute! The uniform (size 4) looks enormous on her! I couldn't wait to go and pick her up and hear about her day.  I was greeted with a big smile and "I had a super dooper fun day at school", so school day 1 was a huge success. 


Ashlea had her second day at preschool yesterday and I was once again greeted with a smile so I am hoping that means she is enjoying it. She grizzled a little bit during music time - I don't think she loves being in the corner chair - but the teacher remembered that her new favourite song is "Jesus Loves Me" so they all sang that and the crisis was averted.  Just as well this is her new favourite - can you imagine the entire preschool class singing Dancing Queen???


Wow - how did we get to this stage??? 2 big girls at preschool and one big girl in kindergarten. So far things are going well. And in spite of my reluctance to get up on time for school every day, I did feel a little thrill of excitement as I drove away from school with one less child for the day. Maybe there is something to this school caper after all?

Roll on Tuesday - Emma will be at school and Audrey and Ashlea will both be at preschool - my first child FREE day in nearly 4 years....WOOHOO!!!


Don't forget to check out all the other Special Exposure Wednesday photos here.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Great to hear Emma's first day of big school went so well!

Glad Ashlea's second day of preschool went well. I think it would be cool to get them all singing Dancing Queen!

Belinda said...

Bring on Tuesday!!!!

Seriously, I'm glad it's all going well! xx.

Jo said...

Oh, what precious girls! I'm glad to hear they're enjoying school. Enjoy some of that child - free time!

Beverly said...

what sweet photos. love them

ferfischer said...

They are all SO cute! I kind of fantasize about the day that they are all in school, actually! :)

shopannies said...

they look very pretty

mommytoalot said...

Great pictures. Enjoy your child free day..I haven't had one of those in quite some time.
Glad school was a success for your girls.

VMI said...

Those are great photos and loved the story to go along with it.

Marie said...

Wooohooo and I'm glad that they are all adjusting!

CristyLynn said...

Congratulations! Hoping for more and more great days for all your beautiful girls!

SoCo mom said...

Awwww, congratulations! So glad they had good starts. Seeing their faces made me smile.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!