Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday: I Want to Bounce!!

The other day I took Ashlea out into the backyard while I was hanging out the washing.  She crawled around on the grass for awhile (!!!) and then requested to go on the trampoline.

I put her on, and she said to me - very matter of factly:

"Want to Bounce".

I told her that she would have to make it bounce herself as there was NO WAY I was getting on the trampoline (I have Menieres - anything that even vaguely moves makes me seasick).

Ashlea wasn't happy with this, but had her own solution:

"Want Audrey come"

SO CUTE - I nearly melted on the spot. This is the second time now that she has requested that Audrey come and help her play with something.  Considering that up until now my twins have barely interacted, I was VERY happy with this request.  I was also over the moon because it was a 'made up sentence'.  A lot of Ashlea's sentences she has learnt by copying us - it is rare for her to put the words together herself and make up a sentence.

Audrey was summoned to come over and do the bouncing for Ashlea, which she did with great enthusiasm as you can see below:









Don't forget to check out all the other Special Exposure Wednesday photos here.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Very much a melting moment! Such a great sentence too!

Look at Ashlea's face on the last pic, she is so happy!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh Alison! that has made my day :) I love pics of AShlea when she got air! beautiful xo Bron

Gina said...

Fantastic. Yay Ashlea and Yay Audrey - I love bouncing - it makes me smile.

Sophie said...

Sooo cute and touching!!!

Adoption of Jane said...

What a breakthrough!! They look so adorable!

Territory Mom said...

So adorable!!! Trampolenes are such great therapy for everybody. Great pics!!

Beverly said...

oh this looks like so much fun. My Noah would love this

karina said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to bounce too!

Coley said...

Aw, that is a melting moment!! My Noah loves to bounce on trampolines too but only if there is someone there to make him bounce. :)

Sharon said...

Love that smile on the last one.

The Henrys said...

Great pictues with a great story too!

Michelle said...

oh I love the story that went along with these pictures! would have made my heart melt too to hear her ask for her sister to help her bounce!

MaggieMae said...

What great action shots! Awesome that she's connected to her sis and asks her to help her play. That will continue to build into a beautiful relationship despite your worries... I know (in a different sort of way) b/c I have identical twins with Down syndrome. Any time they seek each other out it melts my heart. Beautiful girls!

Anna said...

That is the best thing I have read all week!!!
LOVE the pictures and LOVE that the girls were playing together xx