Today was party preparation day. It went something like this:
- get woken up at 3am by a 6yo insisting that you need to flush the toilet for her (what is with that??);
- get woken up at 4:45am by the raucos singing of one 4 year old (Ashlea in bed singing enthusiastically);
- get up at 6am to get 3 kids dressed, and to get myself and the twins to the hospital by 8:30am for a botox follow up (all is well in that department - she has had a great response)
- take Ashlea to preschool;
- come home and run around like a chook with its head cut off (that one is for you Jenny F) and tidy, wash, bake, etc for the party;
- on the way to preschool pickup discover that the car's radiator is cactus (3rd time in 18 months...what is with THAT?);
- start shrieking at everyone - at husband about where the F is the other car parked as I need to come and swap cars, and at the kids for just about everything;
- pick up Emma at 3pm (in Baulkham Hills), swap dud car for good (in Parramatta) at 3:30 and still make it to the Spastic Centre (in Ryde) ON TIME for our 4pm appointment;
- while driving to our appointment answer 6 year old's question about where babies come out. Did you catch that...not where do they come from, or how do they get in there...where they come OUT. I don't know if I gave a good or a bad answer but her next question was "Does it hurt??";
- PICK UP ASHLEA'S BRAND NEW WHEELCHAIR!!!!
- pick up husband and dinner on the way home while dealing with an Ashlea screaming meltdown;
- send 6 year old to bed early for screaming meltdown;
- have cup of tea and blog instead of having own screaming meltdown.
Next to do... ice the cake.
I promise to have wheelchair AND cake photos tomorrow!!