Friday, May 21, 2010

Bits and Bobs

Firstly, a big thanks to everyone who left hair care tips regarding Ashlea and her 'fro.  I found it oddly comforting to picture you all having the same battle each morning with your children's hair.  I hadn't thought to try a silk pillowslip so might give that one a go - otherwise we will continue with our usual pigtails, conditioning and detangling.  I don't want to cut it short as it always falls in her eyes - at least if it has some length to it I can tie it back. 

Secondly - thanks for the replies to the invitation to morning tea at my house.  So far it is Sarah, Susan and I - most likely on a Tuesday - shall we go with June 22nd?  Straight after school / preschool drop off.  I'll send you the address.  The invitation is still open to any other Sydney-siders...or those willing to travel.

Thirdly - more thanks - this time to my great friend Kellie and her flat mate Lou.  They thought their old TV had died so went out and bought a new one - only to find that the old one was fixable.  So they surprised us by fixing it and turning up at our house with it tonight.  Its a 50 INCH TV and completely dwarfs the entire lounge room.  But me and my almost 40 year old eyes love it - we can now read the TV program and any subtitles without wearing glasses and having to move closer.  YEEHAA.

Here is a pic of the good-tv-fairies and their gift (although it doesn't look so massive in the photo):


And to finish... a couple of photos of the cherubs...

The every cheeky Emma (who can you believe is big enough to have attended her first school disco tonight???)...



Little Miss Audrey...



Miss Ashlea...who doesn't sit still for photos (and can't be bribed with chocolate) so you have to take what you can get...



Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

How lovely of your friend! That is a big TV!

June 22nd is fine with me to come for morning tea. I look forward to it.

Gorgeous photos of the girls.

Lacey said...

Wow, what a great TV!!

Belinda said...

What great friends you have! TV looks great!

Would certainly have come if I was a Sydneysider! Have fun ladies.

Great photos! xx.

Anna said...

Great TV!! Love the photos of the girls!!

Ally {mtm} said...

Ooooooooh! June 22 is a tuesday and I am kiddie free on Tuesdays!!!! Count me in please!!!! I haven't been reading blogs for a week{ish} and missed your post!!

Please remind me closer to the date, I have a hideous memory :)

PS How adorable are the girls ♥

Rosalie said...

Love the Tv.

Kat said...

Is the 22nd still on? Count me in too- keep meaning to say this but kept forgetting so jumping in whilst I remember :) Ciara will be at school but I will most likely have my lovely Lia with me :)