Monday, May 31, 2010

It's my blog and I'll rant if I want to...

< rant >

Apologies in advance, this is going to be an incoherent rant.

You know when one last little thing just tips you over the edge into the biggest baddest mood ever???  This bad mood has been brewing for awhile.  But tonight it ARRIVED in full force.

Tonight I was bathing the girls and I slipped and fell. My mouth took the brunt of the fall (onto Audrey's hard head). My front tooth almost got knocked out - it is still in but loose and very sore, and my lip got a little mangled too. But the lip won't cost several thousand dollars (that I don't have) to fix so that is not the focus of the rant! The focus is my tooth. Was it my 'bad' front tooth that already needs to be capped after I chipped it on something from the vending machine at the kids hospital 3 years ago? NO, it was the one beside it that was in reasonable condition! So now I need TWO new front teeth neither of which I can afford.

Man am I PISSED OFF!!!

I'm in one of those moods where I need to blame something...so I am going with my shoes. I bought these particular shoes thinking they would have more grip than my old ones. I love these shoes, except that once you add just a drop of water they become like ice skates.

I have fallen before while getting Ashlea out of the bath - thankfully I was able to 'slide' her into the bath water rather than drop her on her head. Last week I slipped down the front stairs while holding Ashlea. My arms and legs were going in all directions in an attempt to keep her upright (we didn't do too bad, but at the end she did exclaim "My head...").

Today I slipped while going down the travelator pushing Ashlea in her wheelchair and trying to keep an eye on Audrey. And tonight I slipped in the bathroom and have probably got some expensive dental work coming my way.

I have declared some ultimatums whilst in my tooth-ache fuelled rage...

1. Tomorrow I am buying a new pair of shoes.

2. NO MORE BATHS. I only bath the girls because it is hard to wash Ashlea's hair in the shower. I have already called the OT and told her I want a shower chair ASAP. That would be the same shower chair that I requested at her IFSP last year but we won't go there...

3. I am on strike for the rest of the evening. No normal bed time routine. The kids can watch as much TV as they like and then just go to bed.  Whenever they want.

< /rant >

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is alot of falls Alison!

I fell the other night when going to lift Violet out of the bath, I slipped and dropped her and her head went under the water!

Hope your teeth don't cost too much! Sounds very painful aswell!

E. said...

Ouch. I hope you feel better soon.

Throw those shoes away ASAP.

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

SH*T Alison! How scary. (Especially the fall on stairs, IMO...)

I'm so sorry to hear about your tooth. Why couldn't it have been the bad tooth?? Not fair.

Very bad mood very definitely justified. Hope you manage to get a good nights sleep.

Take care, Susan x

danette said...

Ouch... bad mood is definitely justified :/. You should add a big bowl of ice cream to the list :).

I had to replace one of my front teeth too, it was broken up to the root by being head-butted in the mouth by little boys in meltdown mode too many times.

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Belinda said...

Oh no Alison!

Hope it's not too expensive!

Take care and hope you found some great new shoes!

Hope chair arrives soon! xx.