Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Morning tea anyone???

Now that life has settled down a little - meaning that I have accepted that school is here to stay and am just trying to 'go with it' - would any of you lovely readers like to try for a REAL LIFE get together???

Maybe I should be more specific.  It would probably help if you lived in Sydney - although there are many overseas readers I would LOVE to have over for morning tea!

So how about we go for Mums of kids with special needs who live in Sydney.  Would you like to come to my house for morning tea?  It is a bit scary posting this in case I get ZERO responses....but I am counting on a few locals (Sarah, Susan, Ally) to respond.  Please.  You know, so at least it looks like I have a few friends.

And now for the hard part.  When are you free?  I can do most Tuesdays (with no children).  I can do some Thursdays (with Ashlea only) and most Fridays (with Audrey only).  Your children are all welcome.  I have 3 steps to get into the house, but once inside it is all flat.  There are 3 more steps to get into the backyard but then again once you are there it is all flat (still waiting on our ramp).  We also have an obscene number of toys with which to keep the children entertained.

So....anyone interested?  Please leave a comment if you are and tell me when you can come!

At this stage I can do any Tuesday or Friday in the next month or so, but if you want to meet Ashlea she is only free on Thursday the 3rd June or 1st July - she's pretty popular you know.

9 comments:

ferfischer said...

Oh man! SO jealous! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet you in person - and I even know my way around Sydney! Well, if you ever find yourself here, let me know!

Mo said...

Tea sounds great...damn ocean.

Sarah said...

Sounds great - My free days would be Tuesdays These are the dates I have free coming up (so far) 22 June or 29th June.

Anna said...

Wish I lived closer! Great idea though!

bluffska said...

I'd love to pop along, but I'm usually down the bottom of the south island of New Zealand- so will have to sit tight and wait for an update ;-)

Lacey said...

I would love to say I'd be right over, dang it!

Nerida said...

Hi Alison,
I'll be back on 9th June. Hope we can have tea before the baby comes.
Nerida

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Count us/me in! Fridays are best for us, but I could do a Tue without Molly (she's at preschool)...

I too have a love-hate relationship with the whole school thing, but given that the only alternative seems to be home-schooling I guess we'll have to stick with it!

Rosalie said...

I would love to come, would just have to figure out days and transport since i don't drive and DH works nightshift.

Deana is at Preschool on Tuesdays and we are free Friday's would just have to check with DH if he can drive us etc...