Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday: Last Days of Autumn

We are in the last few days of Autumn here in Sydney.  It has definitely started to get COLD.  Sydney's version of cold anyway - today is expected to reach 18 degrees (64 degrees fahrenheit).  I call that a cold day.  Not our coldest day - it will definitely get worse, but I am thinking I may be a bit of a wuss compared to some of you who are still having snow in May in the northern hemisphere.  I'll leave that one for you to decide.

Last week the girls and I were able to go and play in the autumn leaves.  I had been driving past this tree that was dropping all its beautiful leaves and thinking how much fun it would be to go and jump in them.  So last Thursday we took our opportunity.  Lucky we did as it has been raining ever since.

We ran through the leaves...


Ashlea was there too...


She enjoyed herself..although you wouldn't think so from this picture...


Audrey had a lie down...


Emma collected leaves...


I love this photo of Emma and Audrey walking through the leaves together...


I love the colour version, but everyone else thinks black and white is the way to go.  What do you think?


Don't forget to check out all the other great Special Exposure Wednesday photos here.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

It has been very cold already!

Love the photos of all the girls.

Do like that last 2 especially. I think both colour and B & W look great!

Coley said...

Aw, sweet pics. The one of your two daughters walking is my fave. I like the black and white version best but I have a weakness for black and white photos.

Fiona said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics.
I personally like the colour one the best, but I ma probably biased because the mix of Australian evergreens and Autumn colours is really special. I also think the warm effect of the sunlight is lost a bit in the B+W.

Belinda said...

They all look great! xx.

Ally {mtm} said...

Gorgeous pics Al!

I am a big lover of black and white, but I can't resist those beautifu autumn colours ♥

kirsty815 said...

Absolutely adorable photos! I love the meltdown in the leaves and the first and last ones are precious! I feel bad saying we have 80 degree plus weather. *Grin* I'd love it to be a little cooler.

Molly said...

I love Autumn, my favorite ! Winter is second favorite (we're in BC)

Adoption of Jane said...

I love both pics!! So adorable.

The Henrys said...

Totally wonderful pictures!! I loved looking at your autumn pictures since it is my favorit season. It is turning into summer here, and so very hot!

Mel Fraase said...

They are all beautiful!! I love both B&W and color versions...maybe a sepia version would split the difference ;)

shopannies said...

just you all start fall we are in the start of summer fall is one of my favorite seasons I love your pictures

Mel Fung said...

The photos are beautiful. Your girls are very blessed to be so appreciated by their mama. Thanks for this post!

VMI said...

Beautiful photos of the girls and of the place you live.

Rosalie said...

Gorgeous photos!

n0thingbuteverything said...

fab photos! I love Autumn.

Usually I am a bigger fan of B&W, but agree with Ally - the colours of the Autumn leaves are beautiful!

danette said...

Beautiful pictures, I especially love the one of your two girls walking in the leaves (I'm partial to the color one!) :).