Monday, June 7, 2010

Strength for today...

We sang the great old hymn 'Great Is Your Faithfulness' in church yesterday.

There is a line towards the end that says...

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow

Today is a day that requires strength.

For me it only requires a little bit of strength.  Strength to get Emma to school, the twins to swimming, return a shower chair... you know the usual stuff.

For Murray's mum it requires a lot of strength.  Today she finds out the extent of her cancer, if it has spread and what her treatment options are.

And for my dear friend T, it requires an unimaginable amount of strength.  Despite having her breast cancer removed and doing chemo, she still has a 40% chance of recurrence.  40% is too high a risk when you have little kids. Today she is having a double mastectomy. 

So, for those of you who pray, please pray for strength - for me (a little), for Murray's mum (a LOT) and for T (a truckload).

And the bright hope for tomorrow???


** except we couldn't dot the i or cross the t's without ruining the look of the photo **

*** go here for an explanation if you're a confused non-Sydney-sider ***

6 comments:

E. said...

I hope Murray's Mum gets good news and that T's operation goes well.

Lots of strength to you all.

Anna said...

Praying for strength for you all.

Marie said...

Praying for strength....thanks for sharing the stories of your friends and the word Eternity!

Territory Mom said...

I love that hymn. Praying for everyone

n0thingbuteverything said...

I am not much of a prayer, but sending positive vibes to you and your dear ones. I hope there's good news ahead xo

robert said...

Great line indeed. "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow." And both come from our personal relationship with our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ. Lydia Baxter, in her hymn, "Take the Name of Jesus with You" (one of my special favourites) calls the name of Jesus her "hope of earth and joy of heaven." (Another line that speaks to my soul.)

If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.