Sunday, July 11, 2010

Frustration!!!

Tonight I was working on a new page for the blog - one that would give new readers a quick overview of 'how we got here'.  I had typed HEAPS of information about our story from the beginning, and about Ashlea's diagnoses - complete with links and references.  I had been working on this page for an hour and a half AT LEAST.  And then....

Then I went to highlight something and delete it.  Except that I accidentally highlighted ALL the text.  And deleted it.  Not deliberately - I was meaning to quickly delete a line of text but accidentally got the lot.

And what did blogger do?  The very second that I lost it all - before I had the chance to quit and hopefully revert to a previously saved version, it saved my work.  Saved my new work of nothing.  I have spent nearly two hours tonight working on a big pile of nothing.

Let this be a cautionary tale to all you bloggers out there!!

The moral to the tale?  Compose long posts in a proper text editor.  One that has an undo button.  I know - I should know better.


Rant over.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I have noticed blogger now saves very quickly and have some very close calls myself.

So frustrating!

ferfischer said...

OMG! I've had this happen as well - and it sucks! GRRRRRR.

Molly said...

Oh boy that's frustrating ! If it happens to you next time, do quickly CTRL and Z, it will revert your last action(s) even if blogger saved it already ! (doesnt work on macs)

Lacey said...

Yikes, that is so frustrating. I have deleted long posts before! Can't wait to see the story though!

Missy said...

Grrrrr...hate it when that happens!! Sorry that you have had a seemingly wasteful evening.

Alison said...

Thanks everyone. Molly - I was using a MAC so ctrl z wouldn't have helped. Missy - it wasn't a waste - I decided to get off the computer and hang out my washing. Far more productive.