Monday, July 5, 2010

Video Fun

Firstly, I just want to say thank you for all the kind words about last Friday's post. I know many of you have experienced similar things and my heart goes out to you all.

It was lovely on Friday afternoon to go and pick Ashlea up from preschool and give her a great big hug. Incidentally pickup time pretty much coincided with the time of the original event. It was lovely to hold her and squeeze her, and have our regular post-preschool conversation (it is always the same!).

So in light of celebrating how far Ashlea has come here is a video Carolin shot very quickly yesterday afternoon. It is Ashlea playing her new favourite game: Hide and Seek.



And for those who missed it the first time around, here is a copy of the video I posted a few months ago of Ashlea using her kaye walker. A number of people were unable to view it so I have changed its format and put it on youtube. Can you tell my Ashlea's new computer has arrived???



PS Because Carolin uploaded the hide and seek video to youtube and blogger, this post says it was written by her - but its really still me!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to her counting..her speech..her zippy crawling (reminds me of Miss Em!!)Alison she is so totally gorgeous, so clever. It is seeing something like this that you certainly do see how far she has come, the achievements and milestones (that she maybe was not expected to make?)that she HAS made. What a detirmined, strong little girl Ashlea is, what wonderful parents and family you are.
Yay for Ashlea!
Jen xxx

Sarah said...

I was able to view th walking video the first time...fantastic!

How great is Ashlea's hide and seek video! Is that really Ashlead counting to 12...fantastic!

Her speech has come such a long way and is something I have noticed progress with since I saw you at Isla's party and this video! One determined girl! You must be so proud!

Anonymous said...

Ashlea is the cutest!!
Go Ashlea!

Marie said...

What fun!

ferfischer said...

Oh my gosh - I am SO impressed with the crawling, the sitting, the counting, the games, the speech, everything! I can't believe how well she is doing - I am SO thrilled for you - you must be so proud.

:)