Sunday, August 15, 2010

SHE DID IT!!!

Today was the preschool church service where all the children got up on the stage and sang some songs.  Guess whose children BOTH stood on the stage singing and doing the actions???

Well, maybe that is a slight exaggeration - but they both definitely stood on the stage - Audrey sang and did the actions, and Ashlea sang a few words while her teacher helped her do the actions.  That was good enough for me!!  We were bursting with pride.

Of course I have pictures...

Ashlea on stage (her fabulous teacher Mrs Cook is supporting her from behind)...



Audrey on stage...


Awww...cute.  I was really worried about how Ashlea would go on the stage.  This morning she woke up at 4am and stayed awake until it was time to leave for church.  Of course she fell asleep just as we were leaving and then woke up grumpy when we got to preschool!  When the kids first came into church she had a bit of a meltdown, but when it was time to get up on stage, she got up there with her teacher and joined in with all the other kids.


Words cannot describe what a great moment it was.  This is one of those moments that I thought I would have to forego with Ashlea - a rite of passage that she would not be able to participate in - so to see her up there on the stage with all the other kids was absolutely amazing.

Just as I was starting to feel very teary and like I could start sobbing, she did this....


On stage.

In front of everyone.

Too funny - I couldn't help but laugh.

All the other kids were crouched down quietly, ready to jump up and sing loudly for the next part of the song.  Ashlea was obviously anticipating the loud noise that was coming and had gotten herself in the ready position to deal with noise - hands over her ears while screaming loudly.  I'm not sure what the rest of the audience thought of that little moment but our family thought it was funny.  A typically Ashlea moment.

Fortunately she recovered quickly and was able to go on with the rest of the concert.  Then it was time to go outside and play.

The church goes to great lengths to make all the kids feel welcome.  They even had a jumping castle...which of course meant I had to go on the jumping castle as Ashlea loves them - not a fun experience for someone with balance issues.

Here are some photos from inside...




And of course there was face painting too...



What a great day!!!

12 comments:

mandy said...

That is beautiful Alison,

I can feel the pride in your words. I am so glad you got to see both your twins together on the stage.

I can see how funny it was too that she put her hands on her ears, she is very very smart knowing the loud part was coming.

n0thingbuteverything said...

That's so awesome! I nearly had tears in my eyes! She's come soooo far! I had a good giggle at the photo of her with her hands over her ears. Definitely could see the funny side! Sounds like a great day xo

Sarah said...

How fantastic! Very proud of Miss Ashlea!

Molly said...

I think it's funny too and both girls are such darlings and i love their dresses, too. Looks like it's cold down there. Can you trade for our heat !!!

Anna said...

Go Ashlea!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Belinda said...

I'm so pleased for all of you!

Great pics!

Fantastic! xx.

Lacey said...

Oh I love seeing her standing there, participating! It makes me teary eyed as well!

Just Writing said...

I'm with you. I was just getting all teary eyed then I started laughing. Oh, I just love my Ashlea, :)

Noel, Rachael Millicent & Hamish Taylor said...

Once again bought to tears... Your posts are amazing. Well done Ashlea! Rach xoxo

Missy said...

LOL!! Loving that Ashlea, she is too funny anticipating it all!

All three of your girls are just gorgeous Alison!

Can understand how proud you were feeling xxx

ferfischer said...

Love the pics - and I especially like the one you caught of Ashlea screaming. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Marie said...

This is just so awesome!!! Hooray!!!!