Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday: Craft Carnage

On Saturday the girls decided they would like to do some craft, so we set ourselves up in the garage with all our supplies.

Emma and Audrey wanted to do painting.




Seeing as Ashlea also loves to do painting at preschool, I decided to take her standing frame and the easel out to the garage so she could join in too...


As I have explained before, children like Ashlea who have a vision impairment like to examine the world 'close up'.  This even applies to paint brushes...




Don't forget to check out the rest of Special Exposure Wednesday here.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea! Love Ashlea's brush sussing out!

Amanda Daybyday said...

Love it. Hooray for water based paints!

Lacey said...

Too cute. I guess its a good thing she had those glasses, or the paint would have gone in her eyes!!

ferfischer said...

Love the paint on the glasses! How fun!

rickismom said...

Cute! Yes, crafts can be a mess, but left unentertained, the mess is usually worse!

The Henrys said...

The girls look like they had a great time!

Just Writing said...

They all seem focused on what they were doing.

Mel Fraase said...

Blue is her color, it looks like!! That easel is great! It looks like they did very nice work!

KDL said...

Happy in blue - that's great!

Gone Bananas said...

Awww bless! You have beautiful girls! I love the last picture Ashlea looks like she's having so much fun painting with her sisters!

Territory Mom said...

OMG, so cute!!!

SoCo mom said...

Oh that it awesome! I love her "blue" period :D

paul said...

i have 3 children with visual impairment 2 have stargardts disease ,but my little girl has microphthalmia (small eye) in both eyes she is totally blind and will never walk or talk so i know how every little success is a major accomplishment,i think your pics say more than any words ever can

Marie said...

Great crafts! Jack's teacher says that he really likes painting at school too. I think I'll get him some brushes for painting at home. I've tried before but maybe he just didn't like my brushes. Your girls give me hope....