Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Or should that be Happy Carnivore Day???

Most people give their dad's socks and jocks for Father's Day.  We went for something different and tried to give Murray a heart attack.  We started with bacon and eggs for breakfast, followed by strawberries and cream.  Yum.  For lunch we fried more bacon, and for dinner we switched animals and had a lamb roast.  On top of that was all the yummy licorice and chocolate from his Darrell Lea Dad's bag.  I can feel our arteries hardening and our teeth decaying as I type.

Needless to say it was a lovely Father's Day.  Very quiet - it is just our little family as Murray's dad is in QLD and my dad passed away 3 years ago.  Aside from all the eating, we just hung around the house, played outside in the warm sun and then ate some more.  Lovely and relaxing.

Murray loved receiving his gifts from the girls.  Emma had bought him some more of those 'useful' items from the school stall, and the twins had hand painted coffee cups at preschool.  I took photos of him with the girls but seeing as he (and they) stayed in their pyjamas all day they are less than flattering pictures!  I did get a couple of cute ones of the girls - in pyjamas - so I will post those...

Emma

I'm not sure what kind of crazy games your kids play, but what you can't see in the photo is that Emma was sitting on a 'nest' made from sticks and waiting for her egg to hatch...

Audrey - looking worried.  Emma was suggesting that they should camp out in the backyard over night. You can sense Audrey's enthusiasm can't you?





And Ashlea - I had just asked her to do something for me - this is her "Will I or won't I" face...


And her decision - of course not - then laugh hysterically...


Happy Father's Day!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Father's Day for Murray and the girls.

Sending you big hugs on Father's Day, would be very hard I would imagine without your Dad here to share this day.

Love the photos of all the girls and as usual you made me giggle with your comments on each of them.

I especially love Ashlea's "Will I or won't I" face.

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Sounds like a lovely family day.
thanks also for making me laugh with your witty comments, I wish we could catch up one day as I can see us all getting along so well!
Maybe I will have to come to you and Sarah :)

Alison said...

Bron - YES!!! Come and visit!!! That would be fantastic.

ferfischer said...

I like your style - pajamas all day!!!!!

Amanda Daybyday said...

Gosh, I had no idea that Father's day was in September in Australia. It's in June in Canada.

Carnivore day. Ha ha ha. Love it!

Lacey said...

Happy Fathers day Murray!

Anonymous said...

Hey. In the Sunday Telegraph yesterday in their baby section, there was an Audrey Grace Austin. What are the odds.
Casey

Marie said...

I did not realize that y'all celebrate Father's Day in September! Glad to hear that you had fun.