Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Special Exposure Wednesday: SPRING!!


It's the first day of spring and I am very excited thinking about all the lovely warm weather ahead of us.

The good news in our house is that our brand new (FREE) ramp is finished.  The girls love running straight from the back door down to the yard.  Ashlea LOVES to run down it in her walker.  Unfortunately I have no photos to prove this as I have to have a very firm hold on her walker while she is doing it!

Audrey prefers this method:



Although she and Emma would both really rather ride their bikes straight from the backdoor but I won't let them.



We have enjoyed getting out in the backyard more with the slightly warmer weather lately.  Sometimes Ashlea goes out in her walker...



And sometimes she just crawls...


Aawwww - one more twin cuddle to finish off with...




PS For those who have been following our story - the bats appear to have stopped crapping in my yard. YEEHAA - we can play outside again.

Don't forget to check out the rest of Special Exposure Wednesday.

18 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

love the twin hug- or squeeze really! the ramp looks awesome and will just make life so much easier for everyone. glad to hear the bats have stopped shitting too xx lol

Coley said...

Yay for the ramp! And I love pics!

rickismom said...

Very cute pictures! Looks like you enjoyed the day!

Sarah said...

How great has the weather been the past few days in Sydney!

Ramp looks great!

So very glad the bats have vacated for now (hope it's more permanant, but I have doubts...sorry!

Mel said...

Love that action shot on the bouncey ball!! I'm glad you are looking forward to the warm weather, because I'm ready to send it your way!!

ferfischer said...

First of all - YAY for no more bat shit!

Second - the ramp looks gorgeous!

The Henrys said...

Great pictures! Fall is coming here, but I am sure in a few months I will be counting the days until spring.

Congrats on the ramp!

Amanda Daybyday said...

Gosh, those flowers are beautiful. Love the action shot!

Lacey said...

I'm about ready to switch countries with you. Its going to be getting colder here, and I'm so dreading it. We need to get to California quick!

Cari said...

I was like WHAT? Spring. Then I realized where you are! It's fall here and I love it!

Ms. Crabass said...

Bat crap?! Ick!
That's so cool you had a ramp put in...we could use one for sure. You must catch her on video going down!
I love all your pics...how wonderful you're heading into spring- I absolutely despise winter. I'm dreading summer being behind us here.

What sort of walker does Ashlea use? The pic looks a bit like what some call a "standing danny"...we just call it the rolling stander.
Maybe I have the name wrong.

Michelle said...

That's wonderful about the ramp being finished! And yay for Spring coming - I'm looking forward to Fall here - this summer has been way to hot and humid!

Marie said...

Beautiful shots and too funny that I was just wondering about the bats when I came to your comment about them.

Just Writing said...

Oh, can I move in with you? It's about to be fall here and I don't do well in the cold. My son, on the other hand, loves it. But I'm sure he would love going down the ramp the way Audrey does, :).

By the way, the girls are getting big.

Gone Bananas said...

That's great that you had the ramp installed and I LOVE the picture of Audrey bouncing down it! Fabulous pictures!!

Belinda said...

Yay for the ramp! Yay for no more bat shit! xx.

Alison said...

Thanks everyone. Ms Crabass Ashlea uses a "Kidwalk". We got it shipped over from the US, so you've probably seen it around.

KDL said...

I love Spring, and like so many others here we're headed into Fall, so it was a shock to see your blossoms at the start of the post. Sounds like you're having a great start to your season. And Bat poop should make really good fertilizer at least??