Monday, October 11, 2010

Back to work!

School started back today, and tomorrow I start my increased working hours.  I will be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I am really not sure how I am going to manage as I already find life exhausting, but it needs to be done, so I will do it.  I am quite worried about how Murray is going to go at getting the kids dressed and out the door for school and preschool without yelling at them, but hopefully he will get used to it quickly (he is NOT a morning person).

Part of me is looking forward to going back to work.  It feels almost symbolic to be able to return to work.  Firstly it symbolizes that we're broke, but more importantly it symbolizes that life is stable enough for me to consider doing this.  Once upon a time Ashlea's appointments took up pretty much the whole week, and there were regular emergencies and hospital admissions.   Just quietly - I can't say it out loud in case everything turns pear shaped - but it is almost 2 years since Ashlea's last hospital admission. Woohoo!!  I'm whispering that as I don't want to  invite calamity.

It has really struck me recently that life is far less dramatic than it used to be.  Again I know I shouldn't say that out loud, but things are really normal now.  Our kind of normal anyway.  Yes there are major things that most people consider abnormal - my child has a disability and will need a kidney transplant, but aside from that, things are normal.  We do normal things.  My kids go to preschool like other kids.  They do swimming lessons like other kids.  They go to Sunday School like other kids.  I feel like things are as normal as they'll ever be!!

So, think of me tomorrow morning.  I will be starting work at 7:15am (gulp) so I can leave and get back in time to get the twins from preschool.  And don't worry that I won't have time for blogging - I'll be sitting in front of a computer all day so will have plenty of opportunity to keep up with everyone's news!!

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope work doesn't exhaust you too much more, you do have enough to do even though Ashlea's appts may be more staggered.

Hope Murray copes okay with the early mornings with the girls.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you have a good start to your working week.

Missy said...

How funny life is...I am in the position that I am actually cutting everything back because while I am at uni, I am just not fitting everything in that I need to, so (sigh) I am putting off the final year of my nursing until missymoo is in full time school.
I just cant fit it all in anymore and I have gotten to a point where dear hubby is right (another sigh) and I AM overdoing it....just a little!!!
Good luck at work and talking with grown ups!!!