Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Days!!


Ashlea has had a great couple of days to start this week.  It's a fine line I know, but that's a happy-screaming-face in that photo, rather than a cranky-screaming-face.

Yesterday Ashlea and Audrey had the preschool bus wash excursion.  I thought Ashlea would freak out on the bus - especially when they went through the bus wash, but no, she was fine.  In fact she was more than fine - she loved it - even when they were inside the bus wash.  Who would have thought???  For those who are wondering about what we ended up doing about her seating on the bus, she went in her wheelchair and was strapped into the wheelchair spot on the bus.  As an aside, why do the wheelchair spots face backwards?  Is it so the entire bus can watch the poor person in the wheelchair throw up when they get motion sick?  Who designed that?

But I digress...

The other good news is that the party at the play centre also went really well.  It was really quiet there as the party was on Monday so I was easily able to take Ashlea on anything she wanted to go on (well, on what my fear of heights and enclosed spaces will allow anyway...). She loved the tunnels, the jumping castle and the slippery dip.  The big news however is that she stayed in the party room  for the entire time that the kids were eating and playing games.  Loud games. She did have her hands over her ears for quite a bit of the time, but she wasn't screaming, so I just left her in there.  I was really impressed.  She didn't even lose it when they sang Happy Birthday (for some reason that is often the last straw for her).

Here is the proof that we had fun - and a rare photo of me...


For the rest of Special Exposure Wednesday click here.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Fantastic to hear Ashlea enjoyed herself so much at most outings!

Not that you need it, but I bet you got a full work out helping her in that indoor play centre, I am always knackered after them!

Adoption of Jane said...

Ashlea is sooooo cute! I am glad she likes the bus! My lil' boy does too!!! Love the last pic of the slide! Too Cute!!!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Ashlea I am so proud of you enjoying your bus excursion! well done! Alison you should post more pics of yourself having fun like that!

rickismom said...

looks like you're having fun on that slide!

Belinda said...

Great post! Good on you Ashlea!

Love the pics! Especially last one!

I am the biggest worrier at all parks, play centres, etc.

On the walk back to the car after Cooper's walk, Archer wanted to go down this enclosed slide, I went down with him, all our bags aswell, and it hurt! He ran back up himself and came down slide Head first, face down! He thought it was great! Carried him straight to car after that! lol!

spectrummymummy said...

I know exactly what you mean about the fine line with happy screams! Looks like you both had a good time.

The Henrys said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. It's great that she loved the car wash!!

Johnna said...

You captured her emotion so well. Happy Days are the best!!

mamikaze said...

Adorable!
I think the rear-facing wheelchairs is so the the driver can move them in and out. It's a tight squeeze if they are forward-facing.

Lacey said...

I have a picture almost just like that of Mondo and Arina on a big slide. Such fun!

Ally {mtm} said...

I'm so glad both the bus wash and the party were a big success for Ashlea!!! I love the photo's! I can't believe how much she's grown since Isla's 4th birthday! xx

Anna said...

I was wondering how the bus excursion went only yesterday (hadn't had a chance to catch up on my blog reading). I am so glad it all went well. Love the photos too!!

the redhead said...

The reason the wheelchair spots in buses are rear facing is in case of the bus having to brake suddenly. In which case, the person in the wheel chair is supported by the back of the wheelchair. If she was facing forward, only the wheelchair restraints would hold her in the chair. And in case you're wondering, "What about when the bus accelerates?" a bus can't accelerate with anywhere near as much force as it can brake.