Friday, March 4, 2011

Still Waiting

Every day this week I have had the same conversation with the secretary of the Nephrology department (who I might add is AWESOME).

Me: Hi Julie. It's Alison here - Ashlea's mum. Have you checked the mail yet?
Julie: Hi Alison. Yes I've checked the mail. No news yet.
Me: OK. I'll call you again tomorrow.

And so we continue to wait, and I continue to wake up at 3am in a cold sweat.



This picture is Ashlea giving you a visual of how I'm feeling at the moment...

I'm now at the point where it is pretty much the only thing I can think about.  Every day I check my watch and wonder if it is too early to call yet?  Will she have checked the mail yet?  It's 2 o'clock, surely she'll have checked by now.

Thankfully Julie is the most helpful doctor's receptionist I have ever dealt with, and she is very patient and understanding!

Watch this space.... hopefully next week we will have some news.

In the meantime allow me to direct you to Ellen's AWESOME post on the Spread the word to end the word campaign.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Alison, I've been wondering if the results were in.

Hoping your next phone call to the Dr's will be different!

Ellen's post is awesome! xx.

n0thingbuteverything said...

Fingers crossed you won't be left waiting much longer!! Thinking of you!
And loved Ellen's post too. She is brilliant.

Sarah said...

Have been thinking of you heaps not only with the waiting and wondering from these tests but the transplant ahead.

Hope you get some news soon and it is the news you need!

Love to you all x