Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday Party SUCCESS

We had a great day yesterday having the girl's birthday parties.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous with not a cloud in the sky - I can't tell you how relieved I was about that - the idea of having two parties of 20 kids in my house on a rainy day was giving me nightmares!

Let me give you a tip for party at home success with lots of kids - hire a jumping castle.  That thing was worth its weight in gold.  The kids had a ball and I didn't have to organise any games or activities.  They came, jumped, ate, jumped, ran around and jumped some more.

Ashlea absolutely LOVED the castle and spent pretty much the entire day in there.





Audrey loved ripping through all the presents - she had that down pat this year (last year she was a little overwhelmed by it all).  This year she was a present opening machine.






The best-preschool-teacher-in-the-world came to the party - in her dress ups - and jumped on the castle with Ashlea.  We love her!  What are we going to do next year???



This year I didn't make the girls cakes.  Usually I love letting them choose which cake they want and then making it, but I just didn't have time this year.  Secretly when ordering their cakes I was hoping for a cake wreck but sadly it wasn't to be.

Ashlea made it all the way through Happy Birthday and even blew out the candles before losing it.  I think we can call that progress.  Last year she had to retire indoors for a bit of therapeutic In The Night Garden viewing.




After the morning shift we had just enough time to tidy up and have a cup of tea before the afternoon crew arrived.  The birthday girl...





We made party no. 2 even easier on ourselves by ordering pizza for the kids followed by another shop bought cake - sadly it was not a cake wreck either...


It was a great day and the children all had a wonderful time.  That jumping castle was money well spent.



Of course Ashlea's first words this morning were....

Can I go on the jumping castle?




[All photos by Aunty Carolin - I didn't have time to pick up my camera all day]

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds and looked like an awesome day!

You did really well managing 2 parties on the same day!

Samantha said...

It looks like they had an awesome time! Can you plan my next birthday?!

Anna said...

Looks like the party was a huge success!! I am with Sammi, can you plan my next party too??

Missy said...

Wow, you pulled off three little girls birthday parties all on one day1! Super Mum, I am so impressed.

Looks like a fantastic day, wish we could have been there
xxxx

Belinda said...

Awesome day! Good on you! Xx

Rosalie said...

Looka like an amazing day, you are amazing for doing two parties on one day. You must of been exhausted!