Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Frustration!

Today I was meant to see the nephrologist and hopefully get the all clear to donate to Ashlea.

It didn't quite happen.  I got to the hospital only to find out I'd accidentally been booked into the wrong clinic.  At another hospital.  Of course there were no doctors on the ward that could see me other than registrars so I had to turn around and go home.

I have to go back next week - when the doctor will actually be in the hospital - and hopefully then I will get the all clear to donate to Ashlea.

Very frustrating.  Especially as I had taken the day off work for the appointment and will have to take another day off next week (don't you love clinics that only run on certain days of the week).

The day wasn't a total write-off though.  I got the last of my blood work done, picked up Ashlea's scripts from the pharmacy, cooked a roast for dinner, put on a load of washing, made a loaf of bread and sorted my laundry pile (yes it is so big that it requires sorting before you can even think about folding it).

After that whinge let me finish with a cute photo or two - here are some more pics from our time on the weekend with our kindred spirits.  We did some sight seeing in the city on Mother's Day.


The girlies...



These two are in love...



Emma was desperate to touch the Opera House...



You may notice that Ashlea is actually smiling in all these pictures.  A bit different to the last time we attempted an outing like this.






These two might also be in love...




I hope you all had a great Mother's Day too!!

7 comments:

Selene said...

Gorgeous Sydney pics! Have they put in a better access to the Opera house yet!? We took Snail there in the chair a couple of years ago and there was only one lift in the backstage area (!!) - though we did get to walk through all the sets for Australian Idol (lol). Love the groovy red chair!

Alice said...

Such beautiful pictures! How annoying about the mix-up though. Keep going brilliant woman! X

Sarah said...

Great photos of your trip into Sydney on Mother's Day.

I do love the photo of Ashlea smiling, beautiful x

Alison said...

Selene - I think accessiblity came late to the Opera House - so yes it is accessible but in a hodge podge manner - as you found out.

Lacey said...

Sometimes I wonder if doctors and insurance ever get anything right. Because it seems like I have to take care of problems more than I don't! Looks like a great day, I would love to see the Opera house!

Missy said...

So in love!!!

She Bee said...

Wonderful photos, such a delicious little clan you have there. So smilie and adorable! It is so good to see.