Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kindred Spirits

Today I had the privilege of spending the day with some kindred spirits.


It was lovely to catch up with Jen and Sarah and some of their children today.

Jen flew all the way across the country to meet up with us!!

I think Murray thinks it's a little strange that people who have only ever met online before would go to such lengths to meet up. But these online friends - many of whom are now real life friends - have become my lifeline to navigating this land of disability that we all find ourselves in.  These friends are the ones who not only know what is going on with my child, but really 'get' it.  Of course I would travel across the country to meet them.  If I had the money there are some that I would travel half way across the world to meet up with!!


Here is an attempted photo of our girls together.  I couldn't get everyone looking at the camera - not sure if Jen or Sarah got a better one?


 Thank you lovely ladies for a great day - and thank you (and all of YOU) for your ongoing friendship and support.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Had a great time catching up with you both.

I didn't get a better photo of the girls, my best attempt is on Facebook.

P.S Not sure I like that photo of me!

Alison said...

What? You look great!

Sarah said...

Your too kind!

ferfischer said...

SO jealous!!!! I would travel halfway across the world for some people too, and probably will someday! :) Glad you guys got together, and you all look gorgeous!! And the kids, too, of course.

Alison said...

Jenny - you know I am coming to Colorado one day!!!

Missy said...

How blessed we are to have spent time with you Alison-we are totally in love with you and your GORGEOUS girls...me with a super soft spot for Ashlea (cant help but love her)

I am so glad to finally "meet" you Alison.

It was so wonderful to meet the gorgeous Sarah and Violet also. Such a special family, such a gorgeous girl is Violet.

My photo is pretty much the same one!

Thank you for making such an effort to spend time with us xxxx

n0thingbuteverything said...

gorgeous photos! Looks like a great day. So glad you had the chance to spend time together. We so need an Oz wide catch up one day xo

Alison said...

Jen - she's in love with you too - she has been asking about 'Jenny and Emimy'.

Di - we definitely need an Oz wide catch up!

Rosalie said...

Great photo, hopefully soon i can get together with you girls x