Friday, June 24, 2011

The perfect date...

We have a date!!!

And what a beautiful date it is.

Ashlea's transplant is scheduled for the 11th November.


The 11th November 2011.  11-11-11.

I LOVE the date.  I wonder if they'd do the surgery at 11am for me???

I love that it is scheduled for Remembrance Day.  I always try and stop for a minute at 11am on the 11th November to remember all those who have fought in war.  I particularly think of my Grandfather who was at the Great War on the original Armistice Day.  I try and imainge how he felt.  The war was finally over.

What relief.

It was over.

They had survived.

I love the symmetry that now not only will November the 11th be Remembrance Day for everyone, it will also be our own personal Remembrance Day.  Hopefully it will come with the same emotions.

What a relief.

Its over now.

We survived.

9 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

I love that date too.

Incredibly appropriate, and a very good omen IMO...

And very glad its not too close to Bear Cottage week.

Kim said...

What!! Why didn't you tell me at school. That is great news! I too LOVE the date!!

Alice said...

Fab! It'll help me remember to pray for you too! Xxx

Sarah said...

Yeah love that date too! 11 is my fave number.

ferfischer said...

YES YES YES!!!! Talk about a day of good fortune! So, now the countdown begins. I have a friend having a baby and they scheduled her for 11-11-11 too! FUN.

Territory Mom said...

It is so perfect!!

E. said...

Glad you have a date. One with so much significance is wonderful.

Lacey said...

Wow, that sounds like a great day! I must have missed, who is giving Ash the kidney?

Alison said...

Thanks everyone - I'm glad you all love the date too.

Lacey - it's ME - I'm giving the kidney!!!