Monday, June 13, 2011

Random Long Weekend Ramblings

I hope you're all enjoying your long weekend.  We are having a very quiet one here seeing as the weather has been atrocious.

It was Murray's birthday on Saturday so the girls decided we should put every candle we own on his birthday cake.  Sadly that still only accounts for about half the number of candles required to accurately represent his age...




On Sunday I did some furniture re-arranging.  Why is that so therapeutic???  I turned one of our dining tables into a computer station - partly so that Ashlea can more easily access her computer and intellikeys, and partly so that when my working at home plan comes to fruition I will be all set.  I am very attached to my working from home plan and hope it comes to pass soon.  Note to self - probably a good idea to inform employer of said working from home plan at some point...

Of course Ashlea decided to help me while I was re-arranging the furniture.  By climbing IN the computer cupboard.  



And staying there...


Of course then she was joined by her sisters...



Once we were all set up Ashlea tried out her intellikeys...


Does anyone know where I can get US Legal size paper in Australia?  The intellikeys keyboard is designed for US Legal size paper, so when you make a custom overlay and print it on A4 paper it doesn't quite fit.  

Ashlea is struggling a bit to get the hang of the intellikeys so I'm still interested in checking out other keyboard / input options before we decide on one for school, so if you have any good ideas please leave them in the comments.  I think the hardest part for Ashlea isn't using the keyboard, it is understanding the concepts behind the programme she is trying to use.  At the moment we are using the Early Learning Suite and even though she knows all her colours she is struggling with even the most basic colour matching game.


Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.  I probably should get out of my pyjamas seeing as it is the middle of the afternoon.  Murray took Emma and Audrey bowling today but they had to bail as there was a 4 hour wait for a lane.  Unfortunately an indoor-playland-that-shall-remain-nameless-that-I-hate is right next door.  And the kids saw it.  And begged to go inside.  So Murray has been imprisoned there for the last few hours while I have been at home enjoying the silence.  Oh and folding a mountain of washing.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the photos of the girls in the computer cupboard!

Happy Birthday to Murray!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your blogs do make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

that last blog was me!! Kim xx

Kim said...

Ok am now getting a proper profile so I can sign in as someone instead of anonymous!

Lacey said...

I have the funniest thing! Every time I hear you mention your hubby Murray, I always think of the Wiggles! After all, they are from Australia!!

Missy said...

Hope Murray had a fab birthday!

Love the pic of the three girls in the cupboard, such cheeky monkeys! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!

Happy Birthday Murray!

Belinda. Xx (can't comment as usual?)

ferfischer said...

Did you find legal paper?? Let me know if not, perhaps I can mail you some!