Friday, July 22, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

Let's start with The Good.

My working from home plans have come to fruition!  I am now able to work at home for 2 of my 3 work days which definitely makes life easier.  Just quietly I have further plans that involve working from home all 3 days but I am trying to go slowly, slowly and not piss anyone off while rolling out my plan.

Now for The Bad.

My mood.  Oh man I am so IRRITABLE at the moment.  Everything is getting under my skin and I am finding it so hard to be patient.  Juggling work, appointments, application forms, school, preschool, money, cooking, washing - everything feels like it is getting on top of me at the moment.  My brain is so scattered at the moment that when we went to swimming this afternoon I forgot to close the front door.  Left it WIDE open - anyone could have come in and helped themselves!

How many weeks left of term???

And then there's the Ugly.

Someone taught Ashlea the chicken dance song.  I reckon she sang it for 30 minutes straight tonight (what was I saying about needing patience???).  At one point I told her I was going to have to put her to bed early because I couldn't stand it.  

Her response?

NO!  But I can't stop singing!!!

OK, that's not really very ugly is it?  But I thought it was more savoury than telling you about my gastro experience earlier in the week.  I could have done with this set up when I was trying to work from home on Tuesday.



Now what will be really ugly is if all the kids come down with it.  All at once.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The working from home plans sounds awesome! 2 out 3 ain't a bad start hey!

Sorry to hear all is getting on top of you :( is there any way you could get some additional help with at least the household chores from local community service type people.

Yes I can understand...my least fave song is "the chicken dance" song, so repition of it would be like torture and sure would test the patience.

Glad you are over the gastro now (that photo made me giggle) hope the rest of the family can somehow avoid it.

Missy said...

Wow, that is great that you are working at home, it should certainly ease the strain.

I too am sorry things seem all to hard at the moment. I do hope they improve for you and SOON.

Oh gastro, I feel your pain and i PRAY like anything that it doesnt go through your household.
xx

ferfischer said...

Yay for working at home - I work at home most of the time too, and it makes a huge difference - I can get a ton done around the house and still get all my work done!

Lacey said...

I can't believe how easily irritated I've been since having Jax. Its just that we work so hard constantly, that we poop out, and here comes the irritable!
I hope things calm down for you soon!