Friday, July 8, 2011

School Holidays - Week 1

The first week of the school holidays is drawing to a close - and I've got nothing to report.

We have managed to get dressed 3 days out of the 7 we have had off school so far - once for an appointment, once for visitors (we thought we should) and once to duck out to the shops and pick up emergency supplies (a new Wii game)....so we could continue with the important work of holiday hibernation.

Here's a couple of pics of from the week...


After many years of headphone hatred, Ashlea has now developed a love - some would even say an obsession - for her headphones.  She had a 30 minute tantrum the other night because I wouldn't let her wear them to bed.

Audrey & Emma did venture outside for a short time most days - mostly to make and then 'plate up' mud, leaf and twig concoctions a la Masterchef.  I did take a picture of their 'plated up' creations but I'll spare you that.  Oh and who is responsible for the phrase 'plate up' anyway?



We have more of the same planned for next week, so look forward to another riveting update then!

6 comments:

ferfischer said...

Sounds like a perfect holiday! I also love the headphone picture! I remember when she wouldn't tolerate them!

Alice said...

Oh beautiful!!!!! Sounds pretty great! We're about to begin the six week summer break in the UK and I've put together some play ideas for teaching our three about creation. I may add a few pyjama days to the plan!!!! X

Kim said...

Oh I just love it! Our holiday has been the same although flu induced! The photo of Ashlea with the head phones is super cute!

Sarah said...

Sounds great!

I giggled reading that Ashlea had a 30 min tantrum over her obsession to wear them to bed.

Enjoy your last week of hols x

Belinda said...

Here's to more of the same this week! Xx

Anna said...

Gorgeous photos! I hope that this 2nd week is going just as well!