Friday, July 15, 2011

School Holidays - Week 2

Pyjama days: 3

Hours spent playing Wii:  too many to count

Visits to friends to chase get chased by ducks: 1



Momentous Realisations: 1.

The other day I was trying to work out what date it was and I realised that it is already half way through July (how did that happen?).  Being half way through July means that Ashlea's big anniversary has been and gone - all without me realising or batting an eyelid.  The anniversary of that day when I thought she was going to die, which in previous years I have relived over and over, this year came and went without any build up or acknowledgement.  Or any need for it.

Wow.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Woo hoo! I am glad that you got through THAT day without any realisations. It must have been nice not to realise, not to have the build up and all the feelings and emotions that go with it.

I have one of those days coming up soon.

xxxx

Alice said...

Wow indeed, that's incredible. Xxx

Deb L said...

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.

Sarah said...

Wow!

Enjoy the last few days of school hols x

n0thingbuteverything said...

So pleased for you that 'that' day passed without note. Beautiful! Love the duck photo AND how straight and tall Ashlea can now stand in he walker! What a star :-).
We've had lots of PJ days too. Sad that it's all come to an end too soon!

ferfischer said...

I'm holding you to it, Alison, that five years is the year that the anniversary won't be quite as noticeable! Glad for that for you!