Friday, August 19, 2011

The 12 Days of Crazy



To be sung to the tune of 'The 12 Days of Christmas'.
A summary of the last fortnight.

On the first day of crazy the universe sent to me...ONE COUGHING child.

On the 2nd day of crazy the universe sent to me....TWO hours waiting (at the children's hospital)

On the 3rd day of crazy the universe sent to me... THREE calls to Telstra (with no resolution to my problem)

On the 4th day of crazy the universe sent to me...A horror school meeting

On the 5th day of crazy the universe sent to me...one lesbian blindside

On the 6th day of crazy the universe sent to me...a husband with a backache

On the 7th day of crazy the universe sent to me...a children's fairy party

On the 8th day of crazy the universe sent to me...an unnecessary trip to the hospital to pee in a cup

On the 9th day of crazy the universe sent to me...bad news about Ashlea's hips

On the 10th day of crazy the universe sent to me....ANOTHER coughing child

On the 11th day of crazy the universe sent to me...an overheating car

On the 12th day of crazy the universe sent to me... a party at an indoor play centre.

Chorus - sing along with me...


One playcentre party,
one overheating car,
one coughing child,
bad news about her hips
an unnecessary trip to the hospital,
one lesbian blindside,
one horror school meeting
3 calls to telstra
2 hours waiting
and 1 child who still can't stop coughing.


Anyone got one to add?

5 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Nope, sorry - I think you got the lot!!

Very sorry to hear about all of those things...

... but also fascinated as to what a 'lesbian blindside' is!?

Sounds... um... awkward.

Hope the next 12 Days are much improved.

Any update on the school situation?

Hope the weekend is boring, uneventful and most of all quiet.

Hugs, S xx

ferfischer said...

Wow - sounds super fun!

As for the hips - let me know if you have questions - my advice is to put it off as long as possible - let's get through the transplant first, shall we?

Alison said...

Susan - a lesbian blindside is where someone comes out to you and you really weren't expecting it and it takes you a week to get your jaw off the floor.

Jenny - I thought of Cici and her surgery when they told us about Ashlea's hips. We are definitely hoping to put any hip surgery off for as long as possible.

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Best strategy I know to avoid hip surgery is to stop getting surgeon's opinions on hips...

Its kinda working for us - I just stopped making appointment with the orthopod!

Very glad that Cici's second surgery has made her a lot more comfortable and brought back her smiles & giggles.

(Have you really been to Ikea in Sydney Jenny??)

Sarah said...

Sounds awful!