Sunday, August 21, 2011

The end of an era...

Today was Audrey and Ashlea's preschool church service - their last one ever.

I think Ashlea actually coped better last year - in some ways her sensitivities to noise and new environments are stronger than ever.  She lost the plot as soon as the children came into the church so I took her outside until it was time for them to get up on the stage.  Unbeknownst to me while I was outside the people running the service asked the children to volunteer some of their parents to come up on stage and pretend to be at preschool.  Typically when something like that happens Murray and I avoid all eye contact with the children so they can't volunteer us - but somehow this time Audrey managed to volunteer Murray to get up on stage - which surprisingly he did.  Unfortunately being outside meant that I completely missed - and have no video or camera footage to offer you all as proof - that Murray was forced to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star up on stage in front of all the other parents.  I realise he is probably happy that there is no permanent record of this but I can't believe I missed it!  Anyone who knows Murray in real life will know that that is SO NOT HIM!!

After nearly being upstaged by their dad it was the children's turn to get up on stage.

Here they are in their final preschool service - standing on stage so sweetly:


Cute hey?

In reality it was more like this:



She managed to stay on stage though.  There wasn't much singing although she did manage a couple of the actions and she didn't have a total meltdown.  It's as much of a success as we could have hoped for!

I can't believe we are nearing the end of our time at preschool.  Sob.  All three of my girls have loved preschool but for Ashlea in particular it has been a wonderful experience - and will most likely be her best ever experience of full inclusion in a classroom.  I can't imagine not being at preschool and seeing our wonderful teachers next year - especially Mrs Cook - who has been amazing with Ashlea.

How did that time go so fast???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sure does go too quick!

Just love Ashlea's outfit, so cute!