Friday, October 7, 2011

Sleep! Sleep! Wherefore art thou???

It's 1am.

I'm awake.

Again.

I have a little sleep confession...

I'm not very good at it.

Especially when stressed.

During the day I'm fine. I can do all the things I need to do and barely give the transplant a second thought.

But at night it's a different story. It's weird - because I'm still not really thinking about the transplant. Not consciously anyway.

But I can feel it as a tight ball of worry in my chest. And it keeps me awake.

Every.Single.Night.

Dammit - now I can hear Ashlea's pump beeping...just as well I'm awake hey?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Nothing I can say to ease your mind, wish there was...

Anna said...

I am also a terrible sleeper. Always have been. And I am laying awake at night thinking about the conference. I hope you can somehow manage to get some sleep here and there. Thinking of you x

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

I have very similar sleep issues, especially when "stuff" is going on.

I'd really encourage you to consider taking something (OTC) to help you get to sleep.

In the lead up to our court weeks this year I took Dozile, which worked a treat. Should be available at most chemists...

Check with your GP (& transplant drs?) first though, just to be sure...

You need good sleep! And you need your wits about you come November.

Take care, and sweet dreams...

Susan x

PS: Amazing how fast the positive effects of a holiday can wear off eh??

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Another thing I do is get a not-very-good but semi-interesting book to read - something that will take your mind off other thoughts but then bore you to sleep.

Unfortunately Wendy Harmer's latest is doing that for me at the moment...

Susan xx

ferfischer said...

AAAH! Sleep deprivation is the worst! I hope you can find a way to sleep soon.

Sarah said...

I know in the lead up to my surgery, nothing would take my mind from what was about to happen and go through.

Sadly, it consumed me...I lived it breathed it every second of every day.

All I could do was try, try, try to stay positive x