Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So thankful

I'm so thankful for this gorgeous girl.



I'm so thankful for the opportunity to give her a kidney - and hopefully a much longer life.

None of the children we met during our stay at Bear Cottage are likely to see their 20th birthday.  I know there are no guarantees about how long Ashlea will live, but I am so thankful that she has the option of a kidney transplant.

She has options.

Most of the children we met last week are out of options.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that you have Ashlea too. She is so beautiful and precious. You're blessed to have such a dear little person in your life. Parnee xx

PS - I vote Yes to an assistance dog.

Lacey said...

It really puts things in perspective seeing other children like that. You are one lucky momma to have such a sweet girl!

Sarah said...

Options are definately good!

SoCo mom said...

Hugs for you both, and wishing you lots of success! Definitely a gorgeous girl.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful picture of your girl! So glad she has that option too, and praying for many, many more years with your precious girl!

Deb L said...

"Love Ella" has suddenly vanished from the blogosphere. Does anyone know if it's changed address?

Alison said...

Deb - I didn't realise it had vanished until your comment. I will see what I can find out.