Sunday, November 6, 2011

I want to go in the pool...

Finally the weather in Sydney warmed up enough for us to have our first swim of the season.



Audrey, Emma and I didn't last long in the water.



Ashlea would have stayed in all day if allowed.  As you can see by the picture she was not allowed.



She threw herself wholeheartedly into a very long tantrum.

This child seriously can not take no for an answer.  She howled and howled.

I'm curious to know how you all handle tantrums with your children?  Especially when it is a child that can't be bribed reasoned with.

Any tips??

6 comments:

Sarah said...

If you find out from anyone, let me know too. V has hour long tantrums most days and numerous times per day. She is not able to be reasoned with either, which does my head in.
The weather was gorgeous today, glad you were able to make the most of it.

Alison said...

Sarah - as much as I don't want you to have to deal with tantrums like these - I'm glad I'm not alone in having a child that can tantrum for an hour!

Big brother, Little sister. said...

That stubborn trait in wonderful in so many ways in regard to disability and never giving up but as far as doing as your told it's a killer! I try and ignOre but 99% of the time I too act like a baby ;) enjoy the sunshine xx

Lacey said...

I wish I had a great answer after 4 children. But I have a toddler after almost 8 years without one and I'm telling you, she is giving me a run for my money!!

Trine said...

No tricks I'm afraid.. as a parent, I'm constantly just winging it!! If I find something that works the trick is not to look shocked ---or he'll realise i won one!! lol

Trine
http://alittlelessalone.blogspot.com

Anna said...

I ignore the tantrums. Hard though expecially when he starts sobbing his heart out. I fall for it everytime. Which is probably why we still have behaviour issues. Not that they are major though.