Monday, November 28, 2011

Wow - he PASSED

Wow.  I just got off the phone with the transplant coordinator.

Murray passed the Glucose Tolerance Test.

He passed easily.  His fasting glucose was 5.0 and at the end of the two hours it was 6.0.  By comparison mine was 4.5 for fasting and 7.7 after 2 hours (the cut off is 7.8).

Who would have thought???

I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high that he will be able to donate as he still has to pass all the renal scans, but at least he's in with a chance.

The coordinator is going to go ahead and book the rest of the tests - hopefully we can get it all done before Christmas.  What a gift that would be - knowing that Ashlea is getting a kidney.

OK - I have to confess - my hopes are already UP!!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Wowee, that great!!!!!

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with hopes being up!

Awesome news, and so fast!!

Hope the rest of the week is as great for you guys...

Sarah said...

Fantastic to hear! Hope the rest of the tests go well too and you get the news that all is a goer with transplant.

Missy said...

Brilliant news...yes I my hopes are up for Ashlea too...lets hope Murray passes all the renal scans. Well done to Murray for coping with the blood tests!
Hey the good thing about Murray donating,is that you will be able to be at the hospital caring for Ashlea (as I remember you saying that was one of your biggest concerns)
fingers crossed, still praying xxx

Rosalie said...

Yay!!