Thursday, January 19, 2012

Photo A Day - Day 19



Well, the excitement continues apace at our house.

I cleaned out the pantry the other day.  Not because I particularly had a desire to clean out the pantry, more because every time I opened the door a small flock of moths would fly out.

Seeing as this is a task I undertake very infrequently I always find interesting treasures.  The most interesting thing this time was a bottle of fancy balsamic vinegar with a use by date of 2008.

Now, as gross as you all may think that is, I am positive I am not the only one with such treasures hidden in my cupboard.  So I am throwing open a challenge - who can beat my November 2008 use-by date??  I don't know if there will be a prize for the winner - but maybe you and your product could be the photo of the day??

6 comments:

ferfischer said...

I would have totally beat you but because we just redid our kitchen last year, I cleaned it all out! Too bad! I found some great things then!

Alison said...

The only reason there aren't even older things is because we have only been in this house since 2007...

Fiona said...

Ohh, we moved here in November 2008, and yesterday I found a jar of peppercorns with a use by date of 2005!! How bad is that? We actually bought stuff here that was already 3 years out of date.
The shame....

Missy said...

You are so not the only one Alison...hang my head in shame. I too cleaned out my pantry this holidays as well. Again not because I wanted to but every time I opened my cupboard, stuff fell out of it!!

Sarah said...

I cleaned out my cupboard the other day and found equally as old things and one was a bottle of balsamic vinegar too! It was 2008 expiry!

Alison said...

Ha ha - this is hilarious! So far the leaders are Rosemary who commented on facebook that she had spices from 2002 and Fiona who took 3 year out of date things with her when moving. I can't decide which is better...