Sunday, January 8, 2012

Photo A Day - Day 8



My gorgeous Ashlea - smiling for the camera.  I love her cheeky personality.

Having Ashlea has completely changed my life.  I know a lot of people would assume that many of the changes that come with having a child with a disability are negative - but let me assure you they are not.  The vast majority are positive.  I am so grateful for the clarity that Ashlea brings to my life.  She really makes it easy to see what is and isn't important.  Worldly success and achievements are not what is important.  Love is what is important.  Relationships are what are important.  Having a sure and certain hope for eternity is what is important.  Ashlea isn't going to be 'successful' in the way this world defines success - but that doesn't matter.  She is loved.  She loves.  She will be in heaven one day - with a perfectly healed body and mind.  That is what is important.

I can't imagine life without this gorgeous girl.

4 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

Wow you have just written what I have been thinking this entire holiday break! Soooooo true, but a little sad in my situation that it took having a child with a disability to realise what was important! I love what I know about myself now and that it has made our whole family better people. Love your updates and photos as always. Rach

Sarah said...

Love this photo of Ashlea, it captures her personality and zest for life that others take for granted everyday.

I agree disability is not a negative x

Missy said...

I do agree! I have found direction, meaning and purpose in life because of disability. I have met the most beautiful of people that I would not have otherwise. I have clarity and get to stop and smell the rises.

And you are right Ashlea is loved, she just melts my heart x

Deb L said...

That is an awesome photo!