Friday, February 3, 2012

3 Sleeps...

It is only 3 more sleeps until my once teeny tiny babies start big school.

The first day of school is a big milestone for any child - but when your child's life has hung in the balance it takes on a whole new level of significance.

Audrey AND Ashlea are both starting school.

Together.

At the same school.

Amazing.

Audrey is very excited and loves her teacher.

Ashlea knows she is going to school but has been heard to say on occasion this week:

"I not going to big school"

"I staying home"

Hmmm.  I have other ideas about that sunshine.

Ashlea will only be attending 9-12 for the first couple of weeks while she gets used to school and they get all the equipment set up for the new children in the support class - although our awesome preschool let us take all of Ashlea's stuff with us so I am going to be turning up for school with this in my boot:



Well actually maybe the kids won't be in the boot - just the two chairs, the walker and the wheelchair.

Emma has been back at school for a week and also has a really good teacher.  She and Audrey will be in the same classes as my friend K's children (she's the one on bed rest - only 16 weeks to go...) so hopefully between us we can manage 5 school children, K's bed rest and Ashlea's transplant along with the 200 school drop offs and pick ups required this year.

Seriously are there 400 school runs a year?  No wonder that gets old very quickly.

Watch this space - I'll get cute first day of school pics up as soon as I can on Monday!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

How exciting!

Hope they have a great first day and can't wait to see some photos of them in their school uniforms!

Will no doubt be an emotional morning drop-off!

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Shall be thinking of you++ on Monday.

Hope you all have an awesome day with only a few tears...

Huge step. Huge day. Awesome girls x4

Susan x

Gina @ Inky Ed! said...

It is a milestone to be proud of for sure. Embrace it, and know you have support if (when) things get hairy. I will soon need a box trailer to take all Mac's stuff LOL.

Deb L said...

Hey, I have a one of my young 'uns starting school for the first time on Monday too. Yay for milestones! Hope the day is full of blessings for you and the gorgeous girls.

Alison said...

Deb - I hope you guys have a great first day too!!