Monday, February 6, 2012

Big School!!!

The first day of kindy was a great success!


Audrey was so excited when she woke up this morning.  She has been counting the sleeps until her first day of school.  She happily went to her classroom and had a lovely day.



Ashlea was pretty happy with the idea of school - but when I left her she started howling.  Even though she was upset I left her with the teachers and let them settle her as sometimes she puts on a special performance just for me.  Sure enough when I tiptoed past her classroom a little while later she was happily sitting at her desk doing some work (while humming Old McDonald Had A Farm - they are going to get SO over that song).


What a day.

A day for celebrating how far my precious miracles have come.


A day for celebrating this little chick's life - that not only is she alive, but she is thriving.



A day for looking to the future and wondering what else Ashlea - and Emma and Audrey - might achieve.

14 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

Just the feel good story I needed to read. Congratulations to your big school girls.

Casey said...

What fab photos for you to treasure. Well done Mum and Dad! Its been a long journey to school!

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

OMG, can't believe I didn't get around to texting you today! Sorry...

Was thinking of you and hoping you had an awesome day. Sounds like the girls did...

What did you get up to (for the morning)? Momentous day, how you've all come.

Big hugs, Susan xx

Sarah said...

They look so very cute in their uniforms.

Amazing little miracles that amaze me constantly.

E. said...

Gorgeous photos. I'm glad that they had a good first day.

Deb L said...

Prayed for you all (and the staff at school) this morning. Glad to hear it was a good day for all. :)

Missy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pics Alison...yes it must be so amazing to look at these grown up girls and remember just how tiny they were and how far they have come.

The girls are gorgeous and of course you know my heart belongs to Ashlea xxx

Corrie said...

your girls are just beautiful. I love seeing pics of the first day of school. I hope they had a great day, I only have 1 at school but can't wait to have a pic of all of them heading off to school!

Corrie:)

Di said...

What wonderful photos of a very special day. THESE are the milestones that I think are worth measuring. Just gorgeous! I hope tomorrow is just as successful. xxoo

ferfischer said...

Love these pics! They look identical in that one! I so wish we had uniforms in our schools!

Sue said...

What lovely photos of your very special day! I'm so pleased everyone had a good day and I hope today is a happy one too.
The girls look so grown up in their uniforms and shoes!
Well done everyone, gold stars all round.
Love to all.

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to seeing your school photos. They look adorable.
I am glad school went well.
Fay.

Ronda said...

Congratulations! You all made it to Kindergarten. What a milestone. What a relief. The work doesn't end here but there is a feeling that you've made it. Enjoy it for a while.

Anna said...

LOVE the photos of your 3 beautiful girls!!