Monday, March 26, 2012

T -3: In The Zone


Is it really only 3 sleeps until my baby has that big scary operation???

It's a very strange time at the moment.  We are still leading our ordinary, everyday lives - making lunches, doing the school run, buying groceries etc and yet we have this huge operation looming in just 3 days.  It's becoming harder and harder to do the every day things - in a way I have already mentally shut myself off from those things as I have started to focus in on getting through the transplant.

My mind is well and truly in the 'transplant zone' now.

A few people have asked me how I am feeling in the lead up.  I'm afraid I really can't answer that question at the moment.  Part of my mental preparation for the transplant has been to disconnect from how I feel about what is happening.  I can't feel all the emotions that go with the big scary operation AND get through it in one piece - so how I feel about it will have to wait until later.

For now I'm just trying to take things one day at a time.

6 comments:

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

One day at a time? I'd say you'll be thinking/coping one hour at a time any minute now...

I for one am counting down the hours with you and thinking of you at least every hour.

Can barely imagine where your head & heart are at right now. Meanwhile going through the usual motions - how surreal...

Hope those closest to you are allowing to you feel however you bloody well need to feel right now - even if that is 'numb'.

Huge hugs, Susan xx

Gina said...

Thinking of you. No words of wisdom ... just letting you know how ever it is you feel is how you are meant to feel.
Big love.
G

Naomi said...

I will continue to pray for you, and STAY AWAY GERMS.

Sarah said...

Thinking of you all in the lead up to transplant.

x

Deb L said...

Praying for you every day.

Ronda said...

Our family (5), as always, is praying for you. My Bible study group (10) has been praying for you and ask for updates. On Sunday T lead a prayer for Ashlea and Murray in church (50). That's at least 65 people praying for you down here. Our God works all things for the good of those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28