Friday, April 27, 2012

The Chop



On the way home from bloods today I decided that today was THE day that I needed to do something about Ashlea's hair, so we stopped at a hairdresser on the way home and got it all chopped off.

At first we tried leaving it all the one length at the back, but the missing chunk was still too obvious.  Then the hairdresser tried an asymetrical style (think Justin Bieber) which I couldn't handle - so then we just chopped it all over.

Now she looks really different from Audrey!

Ashlea's blood results have been stable the last couple of days which means we have been given a day off from bloods!  I'm choosing Sunday morning for my day off and am now wondering if anyone would like to mind Ashlea on Sunday morning so I can go to church?  She is still meant to be avoiding large groups of people because of the risk of infection so I can't take her with me.

Murray is doing well up at Mt Wilga.  He had a kidney review at Westmead yesterday which showed continued improvement in his kidney function.  I am hoping to bring him home on a day pass for a few hours tomorrow so all in all its shaping up to be a good weekend!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow - she looks really grown up with her new short hair. I think it suits her.
And great news about Murray and a day off from bloods too.

Anonymous said...

Groovy Girl! Ashlea does look more grown up and her hair looks much thicker.
Great news with stable bloods and a day off.
It's wonderful that Murray's kidney's function is continuing to improve.
I hope you all enjoy his visit home and Sunday morning's change of pace and activity.

love and prayers
sue

Sarah said...

She still looks as gorgeous as ever!

The Trousdell Five said...

Her hair is adorable!

Julie and Jayden's Adventures said...

Hi Alison,
Just listened to this sermon and thought you might enjoy listening too. Looks at God's plans in our suffering and his loving pursuit of us.
http://marshill.com/media/luke/jesus-and-the-last-supper
Julie