Wednesday, April 11, 2012

T +13 Progress!

Murray has had a quiet day in hospital.  His kidney function remained stable today so the doctors are hoping his kidney is turning the corner and about to start improving.  I won't believe it until I see a few days of stable numbers but hopefully we are on the right track.

There was a far more significant sign of progress today though. Rather than getting the nurse to call me in the morning to find out what is going on, today Murray got her to call me with his coffee order for the day.  Surely that is a healthy sign of progress. 

And he unlocked his phone for me.  Now the tricky part though - what to tell his boss???

Ashlea continues to sail along smoothly.  Gee it feels strange to write that about her!  Her kidney function is beautiful and her scar is healing so well. 

Even though I feel a bit guilty about it I am having a quiet day tomorrow - only 2 hospital trips rather than 3.  I am looking forward to having the time to drink a cup of tea out of a tea cup rather than out of my travel mug while I am running from location to location.  It's the little things right?  (Big thanks to my bible study ladies for giving me the travel mug though - it gets used every.single.day).

7 comments:

Casey said...

Huge!

And it is a truth universally acknowledged that tea tastes better in a tea cup than in a travel mug.

Enjoy.

Rosemary said...

Bless you, each time I drink a cuppa I'll be praying, every single sip xx

Simone said...

Yeah coffee orders are a good thing!

Enjoy you cup of tea too :)

Simone

Sarah said...

Hope the dr's are right and Murray does produce some stable numbers on his own.

So glad to hear he is more himself ordering coffees again.

Anonymous said...

Small stable steps are fantastic!!
You must be so pleased to have good news for both Murray and Ashlea.We hope the progress continues, on and on and on....

I hope you really enjoy your well earned cup of tea and a bit of a slow down tomorrow.

love and prayers
sue

Anna said...

So glad to read there are small steps for Murray! I am so happy to read that Ashlea is continuing to go well. Hard to believe it has been nearly 2 weeks already. Enjoy your well deserved cuppa.

The Trousdell Five said...

You are amazing to continue updating the blog so regularly through all of this! I am so pleased to hear about all of the improvements for your patients and I hope you are all together very soon!