Monday, April 2, 2012

T +4 Evening

A good day all round.

Ashlea has been comfortable all day even though the epidural has been removed.  She has done well on oral feeds (and by that I mean PEG) rather than IV, although this evening she has been gagging a bit.  Establishing feeds is always tricky with her.  On the agenda tomorrow is the removal of her central line and urinary catheter.  Hopefully she will be able to progress to full feeds but it usually takes awhile with her.

Murray has been very stable.  His kidney ultrasound showed no damage to his kidney and his creatinine this evening was very similar to this morning.  We are hoping it has stabilised and will now start to decrease.  Hopefully he will be extubated tomorrow (have his breathing tube removed).  I am sure he will be very happy about that as he is less sedated now and tries to pull it out himself - as a result they have had to restrain him.

I won't updae until after I have been over to see him tomorrow but hopefully when I do I will be able to tell you he is breathing on his own.

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

continuing to pray for strength for you, it's a marathon and you are doing an amazing job at running this race. We are on one hand astounded by your strength and on the other praising God for sustaining you - lol - go figure! Praying that tomorrow will bring more joy, better health and positive outlooks for all. Hugs xx

E. said...

Thanks for the update.I hope things are even more positive tomorrow.

Sarah said...

I hope to hear that too.

Hoping Ashlea.continues to improve and get feeds go well x

Gina said...

Great News Alison.
Can Ashlea have a bike or some kind of pedalling 'vehicle' to help her get moving a bit sooner - she's looking like she's ready to get going - great video.

Good to hear Murray has stayed stable - hope those creatinine starts moving on downwards and you get to see him come out of sedation and vents soon.

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for speedy recoveries for ashlea & Murray and for all of you!

Missy said...

I am so glad to hear that the u/s showed no damage to his kidneys, that is good news. I hope that the creatinine levels decrease and that kidney starts functioning properly. I am sure Murray wants to get rid of that tube and I hope it all goes smoothly for him tomorrow.

Glad to hear Miss Ashlea is beginning to tolerate foods. Hope her pain continues to be well managed .

Stay strong and thanks for your updates x x

Lacey said...

Glad to hear things are calming down at least a little bit. Still praying for your hubby to get that dang tube out soon!

Alice said...

Really appreciate you updating. I'm praying. Xxx

Deb L said...

Yay for a good ultrasound!

Ronda said...

I am sure I speak for everyone who is far away when I say a big THANK YOU to everyone who is there to help you in practical ways.
You all continue to be in our prayers. Even the kids are following your blog and jump onto the computer several times a day to catch the latest news on your family. We all loved Ashlea's video and were very pleased to see her looking so well. Looking forward to seeing one from a healthy Murray real soon.